5 Ways to Lower Your Water Bill
According to the U.S Geological Survey, the average person uses around 80 to 100 gallons of water per day. Reducing your water usage can help you become more environmentally conscience and save you money on your water bill.
1. Check your appliances for leaks. Fix any drips coming from toilets, showerheads, dishwashers, and laundry washers.
2. Convert your toilet to low flow by adding weights to the toilet tank. Filling a plastic gallon bottle with sand and water and placing it in your toilet tank can reduce the amount of water used each flush.
3. Add aerators to your faucet to reduce the amount of water used. The aerator adds air to the water which lets less water flow out of the faucet. This will also add more force to the flow.
4. Insulate your pipes to prevent heat loss during the time the water flows to the faucet head. This will reduce the time you have to let the water run until it heats up which may save you money on your water bill.
5. Use your dishwasher rather than hand washing dishes. Dishwashers use 6 gallons of water per cycle while 2 gallons of water flow out of the faucet per minute.
6. Xeriscape your yard to minimize the amount of water you need to use watering your lawn. Use drought resistant plants, rocks, and mulch to make your yard beautiful yet cost effective.
Have questions? Give us a call!
AZ Insurance Team 480-535-5709 https://www.azinsuranceteam.com
*All policies are a little different and this may not be applicable to your insurance policy, talk to your agent to see what your policy covers.*